Good water management is crucial to ensure efficiency and competitiveness in the industry, while maintaining the security of your water infrastructure. Certified to SS 577 will assist organisations to better manage water usage.
The Singapore Standards Council, together with key stakeholders from government agencies and industry, have developed the new Singapore Standard SS 577 on Water Efficiency Management Systems.
The purpose of the standard is to enable organisations to assess and account for their water usage, and to identify, plan and implement measures to achieve water savings through systematic management of water. The standard includes a set of framework and guidelines, suggested tools and best practices for water users to adopt so as to improve water usage and efficiency.
SS 577 is applicable to non-domestic water users, such as industrial, commercial and office buildings, government facilities, schools and hotels. It can be implemented independently or integrated with other management systems standards.
BENEFITS OF SS 577 INCLUDES:
- Adopt a systematic approach to manage water efficiency.
- Achieve water savings and reduce operational costs.
- Assist in development & reporting of Water Efficiency Management Plan (WEMP).
- Opportunity to gain PUB’s Water Efficiency Building (WEB) Gold certification.
- Increase stakeholder assurance on water issues.
- Enhance image as a green sustainability corporate organization