General construction worker who holds a valid work permit and have some knowledge in minor construction activities.
Aim of this course is to ensure participants are equipped with knowledge and skills in waterproofing activities. Trainees who pass the Core Trade assessment will be registered under the BCA Core Trade Scheme and they will be able to work in Singapore for at least 18 to 22 years while companies enjoy a reduction in their work permit levies rate.
- These courses aim to provide trainees with knowledge and skills in waterproofing. They will be trained to recognize method of waterproofing, techniques of applying waterproofing membrane, proper handling of waterproofing tools and equipment. They will also be taught to practice good waterproofing habits and worksite safety relating to waterproofing activities.
- Plan and prepare self-adhesive waterproofing membrane
- Apply primer to the area where the waterproofing membrane will be laid
- Lay and apply the waterproofing membrane according to the drawing provided
- Ensure proper treatment to vent pipe, floor trap opening and all edges
- Practical Test
|Pass Criteria:||Theory Assessment (Core Trade Foreman Only)Practical Assessment (100%)
Attendance – 100%
|Venue:||26A Norris Road,
|Assumed Skills & Knowledge:||Must be able to understand and communicate in language of instruction.|
Course Duration / Class
|Duration:||4 hrs per session|
- Valid work permit copy (Validity of 3 months)
- Valid copy of passport copy
- WPOL via www.mom.gov.sg
- Passport sized photograph
- Completed registration form